Over the weekend of 14th, 15th and 16th June 2019, Friends will have a chance to travel on this country’s most famous narrow gauge train, ‘The Snowdonian’, over the longest narrow gauge run in Britain. This train, which only operates twice a year, will cover its full round trip length of 80 miles from Porthmadog to Caernarfon and Blaenau Ffestiniog, and return to Porthmadog, all over 1 foot 11½inch track of both the Welsh Highland Railway and the Ffestiniog Railway.
And if that was not enough… We have also arranged a special trip on the Talyllyn Railway. Built in 1865, this is the oldest heritage railway in the UK, running for 7½ miles from Tywyn to Abergynolwyn through spectacular scenery and within sight of Cadair Idris, which is one of Britain’s highest mountains.
- Luxury return coach travel: St. Pancras / Porthmadog / Tywyn / St. Pancras
- Two nights dinner, bed and full breakfast at The Lion Hotel, Criccieth
- Visit to Boston Lodge Works including transportation
- Continental Breakfast on ‘The Snowdonian’ served at your table
- First Class Observation Car (supplement £200.00 per person) or Standard Class travel on ‘The Snowdonian’
- Hog Roast Lunch
- Welsh Afternoon Cream Tea
- Return trip on Talyllyn Railway, with morning refreshments and homemade cake
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout
Total cost: £350:00 per person (plus any applicable supplements)
Deposit: £100:00 payable immediately Balance due: 1st March, 2019
Full details and a booking form are in the Winter 2019 issue of Friends News, published late January.
Please send completed booking forms with the deposit to :
Nicola J. Drabble, ATTC Snowdonian Tour, 7, Blenheim Park Close, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, SS9 4AR.
Cheques should be payable to ATTC and NOT to the Friends.