WATERLOO & CITY CAR
This car was one of 12 driving cars delivered to the Waterloo & City line in 1940. It could carry 40 passengers seated and 60 standing. The Waterloo & City line operated as part of the mainline railway until 1994, when it was transferred to London Underground. The design is classified as British Rail class 487 stock.
This car, Number 61, was withdrawn from service in 1993 and retains its Network South East livery. It was at the National Railway Museum before it was transferred to London Transport Museum in 2006.
Volunteeers have been repainting the car in Network SouthEast livery in time for the 30th anniversary of the formation of NSE in August 2016.