Friends go free this weekend !
Friends go free at this weekend's Museum Depot Open Weekend. And the added bonus this year is that the Depot is also open on Friday.
Friends will be able to explore the Depot's collection of over 400,000 objects with posters and artworks, engineering drawings, signs and ephemera as well as the collection of historic road and rail vehicles.
Special events include:
- Creative workshops and activities for families and adults
- Miniature tram and railway rides
- Talks and film screenings
- Heritage bus rides
- Artist Ross Ashmore's live painting of the Metropolitan Locomotive No.1 and Jubilee Carriage 353
- Curator-led tours of the small object collection
- Costumed interpreters - look out for a Victorian steam train traveller, an 1880 tunnel miner and a 1930s suburban housewife
- Signalling frame demonstrations - help operate signals using the Westinghouse power frame from Marble Arch which dates back to approximately 1906 and the Westinghouse style N lever frame circa 1936
- Talk by Ross Ashmore about his project to paint pictures of all London Underground stations
Pick up some collectables at our shop or treat yourself to a Friends' mug or travelcard wallet.