FRIENDS CONCESSION FOR MICHAEL ROBBINS SYMPOSIUM
Michael Robbins centenary symposium
Date: Friday 16 October 2015
Time: 14.30 to 17.30
Location: Cubic Theatre
Tickets: Adult £15; Concession £12.50; LTM Friends and TfL staff £10
In the year of the centenary of his birth, London Transport Museum is celebrating the many faceted contribution of Michael Robbins to London history, notably to that of the old county of Middlesex, pioneering railway history, transport preservation, and to organisations such as the Society of Antiquaries, Museum of London, London & Middlesex Archaeological Society and London Transport Museum.
A series of presentations in the afternoon will attempt to do justice to the broad spectrum of Michael’s passions and scholarship.
- Tony Travers - Reflections on London government, its politics and politicians and their relationship to transport policy
- Carlos Galviz - Trailing carriages and electric circuits: Technology and Metropolis in London and Paris, 1890-1910
- John Clark - Michael Robbins’s Middlesex – and after
- Sam Mullins - London Transport Museum and preservation since 1980
- Richard Dennis - Middlesex in the Railway Age: the Metropolitan Railway and the remaking of Harrow
- Andrew Kennedy - Oakwood Press - the first 80 years
To book, click on this link: