Grants to the Museum (excluding Q-stock, which has a separate ring-fenced budget) are forecast to total £131,000 in 2020. The plans reflect the requests for funding of projects identified in discussions with the Museum’s Head Curator and other Museum representatives.
Principal supported projects in 2020 are:
- Building on Excellence in Volunteering (Employment to Enjoyment): A project jointly funded with Arts Council England to encourage those of retirement age to share their experience and enthusiasm as volunteers (£21,000, with a further £25,000 in 2021);
- Redevelopment of Museum War Gallery (also jointly funded – Friends’ contribution £23,000);
- Purchase and installation of a Library management system (£17,000);
- Restoration of pre-WW2 vehicles: a scoping project to identify and cost the work necessary to support the ongoing conservation and operation of these vehicles (£15,000);
- Ongoing support of heritage bus operations and interpretation displays at external events (£ 16,000);
- Repairs and restoration of rail vehicles on display at Covent Garden (£11,000);
- Continuing support for document and poster conservation (£8,000); general bus restoration (£10,000); and acquisitions (£10,000).